Monday, April 1, 2013

Productivity-ish

I realize I already posted once today, but what can I say, I'm in a blogging mood...and I was playing with my camera, so you get a photo post.

It's spring break [I mean spring reading days], and while I am getting to relax some, I have a lot to do. I need to do two site visits and reports on Christian ministries in the city for my church action in community class, and I can't use my own church. I know one place I'm going to use, but still need to come up with another. I've also been put in charge of the backdrops for VBS...I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew by agreeing to this. I think I have it under control now, but I was stressing out earlier today. And, of course, I always have reading I need to do for classes. Seminary reading never ends.

While I have a lot on my plate, I was fairly productive today.

1. I brainstormed ideas for the backdrops, did some research on how to best build them, and emailed the people I needed to about the ideas.

2. I did sprint sets with Laura...it wasn't pretty, but I survived. Also, my knee didn't give out. I consider any run where my knee doesn't give out to be a victory.


This is my post-run, I survived, face:


3. I went to Target after my run [ok, maybe not the most productive thing], and bought this immersion blender with a gift card and some surprise money from an Easter package my parents sent me.


4. I also used a gift card to enjoy this iced caramel macchiato...I admit that I prefer my favorite local places, but free is free.

5. I cooked dinner for my roommate and me. Tried out this recipe for "Crispy Black Bean Tacos," and they were delicious. I'll be making these again.


I still need to clean up the cooking mess though...anyone want to volunteer? I enjoy cooking, but hate cleaning the mess up...especially since I don't have a dishwasher or disposal. Bleh.


I was also productive earlier during my break in that I had a portrait session done for my prayer cards by my friend and fellow photographer, Kara. Kara and I are trading services. I'll be doing a family session for her soon. I love the two photos from my session that she has posted on fb so far. It will be hard to choose which one to use for the cards.



Hopefully I'll continue my semi-productivity the rest of the week. I would like to finish my last semester strong, but it's so tempting to just quit sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...